Hello amazing people of the internet,
Last week I was nominated by the lovely Jena Pendarvis.
We only recently connected via the blogsphere, so it was a huge surprise and delight to be nominated by her. Please go check out and support her page!
I really enjoy reading and participating in these blogosphere awards, it’s such an amazing way for all of to connect!
Before we get into my random facts, here are the rules
Versatile Blogger Award Rules
- If you’ve been nominated, you have been awarded the Versatile Blogger Award
- Thank the person who nominated you for this award
- Include a link to their blog
- Nominate 15 other blogs/bloggers that you’ve recently discovered or follow regularly
- Tell the person who nominated you 7 things about yourself
Some of these blogs are new discoveries, all are who I enjoy reading and have given me continued courage to write. I hope you find inspiration from them and enjoy reading their blog as much as I do. Please go check them out! 🙂
7 Things About Me
1. I thoroughly enjoy reading the back of products. For example, the little descriptions on the back of shampoo bottles, moisturisers, prescription medication, you name it! I probably enjoy reading it (excluding instruction manuals).
2. I love cookies, cake and brownie mix, more than the actual confectionery. I have prepared cookies or cake on more than one occasion, just to eat the mix.
3. I have a relatively low tolerance for spicy food. But am attracted to food that has a red colouring, which often correlates with spiciness.
Story: I unknowingly prepared and ate my husband’s Korean spicy fire noodles because I liked the colour of them on the packet. I second I slurped my first mouthful of fire noodles I let out a small scream, and I could not eat more than a couple bites. Despite the pain, I don’t regret it, it was still tasty. Painfully tasty.
4. l am excellent at losing things, but equally excellent at finding them ‘a second later’. Real life example: I will be using my phone, and then I’ll realise that I’ve lost it. I’ll exclaim, ‘I’ve lost my phone’… followed by a ‘FOUND IT’ not too long after. This can apply to pretty much all my belongings. It’s gotten to the point where my parents and husband ignore me as they know I will find it ‘in a second’. Bonus story: I once lost and found my phone in my sock drawer in my closet.
5. I have a scarf that is nearly as old as I am. It was originally my a great Grandfather’s, who gifted it to my aunty, who gifted it to my mother, who then gifted it to me.
6. No matter how hot the weather is, I will always have a hot, steamy shower. Even in in Taiwan when it’s 36°C, you can bet that I will still have a hot steaming shower. Cold showers make me sad.
7. I was born with grey/blue/green eyes, that darkened to brown as I got older. If you get really close to my face and stare into my eyes in just the right lighting, you can see faint hints of hazel – Image courtesy of Ying at ohheyitsying.
I hope you enjoyed these random facts. Even if you aren’t listed under the nominees, I would still love to read 7 things about you in the comments below. Please tell me!