Hello good people of the Internet,
While I was on my honeymoon in Seoul, the amazing Sarah from the fabric that made me messaged me to say that she nominated me for the Libester Award.
Please go check out her blog, she is just so honest and brave in what she shares. I hope you enjoy reading her posts as much as I do.
I absolutely love these kinds of posts as we all get to learn a little bit more about each other. (italics) and it gives me something to write about for that week :).
Libester Award Rules
- Thank the person who nominated you
- Display the award on your post
- Write a small post about what makes you passionate about bloggiing
- Provide 10 random facts about yourself
- Answer the questions given to you
- Nominate 5-11 other blogs for this award
- Ask them creative and unique questions of your own
- List the rules and inform your nominees of the award.
I’m going to skip the bit about why I am passionate about blogging as I briefly answer it in one of the questions below!
10 Random Facts
1. I used to have an enormous sweet tooth. I could (and would) drink condensed milk from the can, But as I got older, my sweet tooth died down.
2. I shower hot, I don’t mean warm, I mean HOT. Sometimes my skin gets red from the heat. But I don’t care, I adore hot showers, they relax me and makes me feel clean.
3. I am incredibly hypermobile. It’us my party trick :).
4. I don’t like coffee, but I love matcha latte.
5. I have really small feet, UK size 3. Or a US 5.5.
6. I don’t know what my blood-type is. But my Mum is blood-type A and my Dad i blood-type n O, so I will be either one of those blood groups. My Mum thinks I’m an O because mosquito’s love to bite both my Dad and I. There is also some research that suggests mosquitoes prefer the ‘taste’ of blood-type O.
7. My grandparents used to always have dark chocolate digestives in their home and I would eat this almost everytime we visited. I think this is where my love for digestives (particularly dark chocolate) came from.
8. I’ve sat on a cow’s back. It’s hair felt wirey when I ran my fingers through its hair.
9. My grandparents gave me a small blue teddy bear when I was a baby and I still have this bear to this day.
10. I was born with dark hair and ginger eyebrows.
My Answers for the fabric that made me
Do you like to blog/write with music or silence? If so what kind?
Neither! I tend to write with the TV on, it makes for excellent background noise. If I listen to music while I write, I end up listening to the song and singing along (or accidentally writing the lyrics down) and if I write in silence, I can’t focus my thoughts.
Do you like to explore or are you a home-body?
Both. For the most part I like to stay home. But on the weekends I like to go out just to be out of the house. My husband likes to call it… Taking me out for walkies, because I get fidgety if we just stay home all day. Oh and when I’m on holiday, I like to go out and see the sights!
What made you start your blog?
Blogging was something that I thought about for a while because I was curious and I like trying new things.
Then one day, a friend of mine said to just go for it. So I did. Since my very first post, I love writing more than I ever knew I did. It’s hard to describe this feeling to sometime who hates writing. But it’s very therapeutic and helps me process/self-reflect.
What would you want to invent?
I would like to invent an answer to this question.
What is a feature you love about yourself?
My ability to adapt and change to my environment, while still maintaining who I am as a person.
Physically, I love my naturally long, dark, curly eyelashes. I’ve attached two images of me without makeup so that you can see the lashes. Part of me still want to get those eyelash tint/extension treatments so that I can feel fancy everyday without mascara on.
What’s your favorite time of the day?
Weekend. Between 7-8.30 am. Its quiet and everything just seems so still.
Do you have any social media for blog?
I don’t have social media specifically for this blog, but I do link it to my Instagram and post stories when a new post is up! Come say hi, my Instagram account is @miss.cairou
Are you a cat or dog lover?
I like both, but I prefer cats. I like how cats are independent and don’t need me all the time. When I had cats, it was nice to have them chilling in the same room while we did our own thing :).
What’s your favorite book of all time?
Replay by Ken Grimwood.
Replay tells the story of a middle aged man who dies and wakes up in his 18 year body (while maintaining all his thoughts and memories). He then lives out his life until he dies again at the exact same age, and the exact same way. He continually repeats this cycle while living out his life differently each time. But each time he wakes up, he wakes up a little older. So what happens when we reaches the age of his death?
I recommend you guys read this book :).
Do you have a blog post you have written that you cherish the most? What is it?
This was my very first post about culture and identity. At first, I was worried that it would be taken negatively, but the response was very positive. My experiences described in the post of ‘always being the foreigner’ is a huge part of the person I am and will likely continue to shape the person I become. For this reason, this is the blog post I cherish the most.
Coffee or tea?
Tea all the way.
Nominees and Questions
My questions for you
- If you could live forever, would you want to?
- What did you have for your last meal?
- Do you listen to anything when you shower? Or do you shower on silence with your thoughts?
- Butter on bread, yay or nay?
- Do you have a party trick? If so, what is it?
- What do you normally eat for breakfast?
- Do you think the afterlife exists? If not, do you hope it does?
- Do you watch any TV show out of obligation and not because you actually like it?
- Is there a word you can never spell?
- What is your favourite fruit?