The Libester Award

Hello good people of the Internet,

While I was on my honeymoon in Seoul, the amazing Sarah from the fabric that made me messaged me to say that she nominated me for the Libester Award.

Please go check out her blog, she is just so honest and brave in what she shares. I hope you enjoy reading her posts as much as I do.

I absolutely love these kinds of posts as we all get to learn a little bit more about each other. (italics) and it gives me something to write about for that week :).

Libester Award Rules

1. Thank the person who nominated you
  2. Display the award on your post
  3. Write a small post about what makes you passionate about bloggiing
  4. Provide 10 random facts about yourself
  5. Answer the questions given to you
  6. Nominate 5-11 other blogs for this award
  7. Ask them creative and unique questions of your own
  8. List the rules and inform your nominees of the award.

I’m going to skip the bit about why I am passionate about blogging as I briefly answer it in one of the questions below!

10 Random Facts

1. I used to have an enormous sweet tooth. I could (and would) drink condensed milk from the can, But as I got older, my sweet tooth died down.

2. I shower hot, I don’t mean warm, I mean HOT. Sometimes my skin gets red from the heat. But I don’t care, I adore hot showers, they relax me and makes me feel clean.

3. I am incredibly hypermobile. It’us my party trick :).

4. I don’t like coffee, but I love matcha latte.

5. I have really small feet, UK size 3. Or a US 5.5.

6. I don’t know what my blood-type is. But my Mum is blood-type A and my Dad i blood-type n O, so I will be either one of those blood groups. My Mum thinks I’m an O because mosquito’s love to bite both my Dad and I. There is also some research that suggests mosquitoes prefer the ‘taste’ of blood-type O.

7. My grandparents used to always have dark chocolate digestives in their home and I would eat this almost everytime we visited. I think this is where my love for digestives (particularly dark chocolate) came from.

8. I’ve sat on a cow’s back. It’s hair felt wirey when I ran my fingers through its hair.

9. My grandparents gave me a small blue teddy bear when I was a baby and I still have this bear to this day.

10. I was born with dark hair and ginger eyebrows.

My Answers for the fabric that made me

Do you like to blog/write with music or silence? If so what kind?

Neither! I tend to write with the TV on, it makes for excellent background noise. If I listen to music while I write, I end up listening to the song and singing along (or accidentally writing the lyrics down) and if I write in silence, I can’t focus my thoughts.

Do you like to explore or are you a home-body?

Both. For the most part I like to stay home. But on the weekends I like to go out just to be out of the house. My husband likes to call it… Taking me out for walkies, because I get fidgety if we just stay home all day. Oh and when I’m on holiday, I like to go out and see the sights!

What made you start your blog?

Blogging was something that I thought about for a while because I was curious and I like trying new things.

Then one day, a friend of mine said to just go for it. So I did. Since my very first post, I love writing more than I ever knew I did. It’s hard to describe this feeling to sometime who hates writing. But it’s very therapeutic and helps me process/self-reflect.

What would you want to invent?

I would like to invent an answer to this question.

What is a feature you love about yourself?

My ability to adapt and change to my environment, while still maintaining who I am as a person.
Physically, I love my naturally long, dark, curly eyelashes. I’ve attached two images of me without makeup so that you can see the lashes. Part of me still want to get those eyelash tint/extension treatments so that I can feel fancy everyday without mascara on.

What’s your favorite time of the day?

Weekend. Between 7-8.30 am. Its quiet and everything just seems so still.

Do you have any social media for blog?

I don’t have social media specifically for this blog, but I do link it to my Instagram and post stories when a new post is up! Come say hi, my Instagram account is @miss.cairou

Are you a cat or dog lover?

I like both, but I prefer cats. I like how cats are independent and don’t need me all the time. When I had cats, it was nice to have them chilling in the same room while we did our own thing :).

What’s your favorite book of all time?

Replay by Ken Grimwood.

Replay tells the story of a middle aged man who dies and wakes up in his 18 year body (while maintaining all his thoughts and memories). He then lives out his life until he dies again at the exact same age, and the exact same way. He continually repeats this cycle while living out his life  differently each time. But each time he wakes up, he wakes up a little older. So what happens when we reaches the age of his death?

I recommend you guys read this book :).

Do you have a blog post you have written that you cherish the most? What is it?

What Its Like Always Being The Foreigner.

This was my very first post about culture and identity. At first, I was worried that it would be taken negatively, but the response was very positive. My experiences described in the post of ‘always being the foreigner’ is a huge part of the person I am and will likely continue to shape the person I become. For this reason, this is the blog post I cherish the most.

Coffee or tea?

Tea all the way.

Nominees and Questions

Consider the end

Katie Kuo

Sarah’s Health Matters

Kylie Lee Baker

Millenialhygge

The Inquisitive Writer

Dating a Medical Student

My questions for you

• If you could live forever, would you want to?
  • What did you have for your last meal?
  • Do you listen to anything when you shower? Or do you shower on silence with your thoughts?
  • Butter on bread, yay or nay?
  • Do you have a party trick? If so, what is it?
  • What do you normally eat for breakfast?
  • Do you think the afterlife exists? If not, do you hope it does?
  • Do you watch any TV show out of obligation and not because you actually like it?
  • Is there a word you can never spell?
  • What is your favourite fruit?

24 Comments Add yours

1. Gem says:

Oh thank you! I have to read that book…

Liked by 2 people

1. Yes you do! Let me know what you think when you get around to reading it.

2. Jo Smith says:

Congrats! I also wear a 5/6 in shoe size. I started blogging too because of the simple reason that I saw other blogs online and thought it was cool to do one. To contrast, I cannot adapt to any different sort of environment haha. I don’t like change at all, why can’t everything be consistent? Also thanks so much for the nomination, can I answer down here in the comments?

Liked by 2 people

1. Of course you can <3. Yay, my small footed sister. In the UK, it can be really hard to find size 3, especially during the sales. Ah nice, very different to me. I enjoy change, not indiscriminately of course. Maybe because a part of me enjoys the adrenaline of being slightly terrified? Anyway, I look forward to your answers!

1. Jo Smith says:

Thanks ~ I’ll work on my answers later when I can.

1. Jo Smith says:

The reason I’m passionate about blogging is because it’s my escape from the real world. I get to express myself and my passion in my little corner on the internet. I can design my website to showcase my personality and creativity.
            ~ Random Facts ~
            1. I am allergic to cats
            2. I want to be a website designer
            3. I enjoy sunrises, even though I am not a morning person
            4. I started my blog in 2015
            5. I like music from the 2000s better than now
            6. I would never ride in a self-driving car. Even though they’re great for elders and disabled people, I personally wouldn’t get one.
            7. I live in NJ, USA
            8. Paramore is my all-time favorite band
            9. I love the restaurant Olive Garden
            10. I have to blog in silence or I can’t focus

*Answering the Questions*

1.If you could live forever, would you want to? Hm it’s a tricky one. Do I have to stay the same age now forever or can I pick an age to stay forever? But also it’d be sad for your friends and family to grow up without you, and you’re alone after that.
            2.What did you have for your last meal? Breaded chicken lettuce burger and fries from Wendy’s.
            3.Do you listen to anything when you shower? Or do you shower on silence with your thoughts? I can’t; I’d drop my phone in the water lol.
            4.Butter on bread, yay or nay? Salted butter on bread, not regular butter.
            5.Do you have a party trick? If so, what is it? I don’t think so, I am the party lol.
            6.What do you normally eat for breakfast? Depends on the day. Sometimes a sandwich, sometimes eggs w/bacon, avocado, and tomatoes.
            7.Do you think the afterlife exists? If not, do you hope it does? I don’t think it does but I hope it does.
            8.Do you watch any TV show out of obligation and not because you actually like it? Why would I do that lol. I watch tv for fun.
            9.Is there a word you can never spell? Neccessary. Neccesssary. Necesary. Necessary.
            10.What is your favourite fruit? Coconut.

Liked by 2 people

1. I love your answers, it’s so interesting. I also can’t spell the word necessary (spell check or autocorrect fixes it lol). Ooh salted butter on bread, I’ve never tried that before – it sounds delicious. I love how you enjoy sunrises but aren’t a morning person, they are beautiful, but I find painful to watch… Maybe really good sunglasses would work? But I feel like they distort the colours.

3. JenaPen says:

congratulations! I enjoyed reading your post and getting to know you some more!

Liked by 1 person

1. Thank you! I’m still getting used to being back from South Korea. I wrote this post relatively quickly actually! I’m glad we are staying in touch in this blogosphere :).

1. JenaPen says:

You’re doing great! Sometimes short is good and to the point. I’m glad we are keeping in touch as well 💕

4. 👍🏽💕🙏🏼🤗

Liked by 2 people

5. Nicculent says:

congrats, and I find your answers really interesting.and your ig feed is GOALSS

Liked by 2 people

1. Thank you! I followed you on IG, your drawing skills are amazing <3. When I get home today, I will need to check out your blog!

6. Katie Kuo says:

Loved reading this – and you have beautiful eyes!
    I hope it’s okay for me to reply answers here:
    1) no, I think birth and death are such natural processes of life, and that we’re meant to rest at the end
    2) I just had dinner and made 麻婆豆腐 (Mabo Tofu!)
    3) shower in silence in my thoughts or sing
    4) yay, but normally don’t have butter on bread
    5) I can’t think of one, I can play the flute and piano
    6) oats, bananas with nuts and dried fruit
    7) I believe in heaven
    8) no
    9) not that I can think of!
    10) Bananas 🙂

Liked by 1 person

1. Of course it is! I am now hungry for Mapo Tofu. I also sing in the shower, only sometimes, but it’s relaxing :). Your breakfast sounds so healthy, do you wake up hungry and hence you have the appetite to eat? Bananas are an amazing fruit and surprisingly filling!

1. Katie Kuo says:

Hehe yes, Breakfast is my favourite meal of the day! I always have the same thing though, if I’m eating at home. Agreed. it’s such a diverse fruit haha 😀

2. Also, thank you so much for your kind words about my eyes ❤